Friday, January 23, 2015

Mamata Banerjee The lovely Tamang people of the hills had invited me to be present in the Annual Convention today in Darjeeling.


The lovely Tamang people of the hills had invited me to be present in the Annual Convention today in Darjeeling.

The convention celebrated the first anniversary of Tamang Development and Cultural Board, which our Government had set up in January last year. The New Year celebration 'Lochaar' was also held.

I was very happy to watch the brightly attired little children and young brothers and sisters performing an excellent colourful cultural programme including the famous traditional Tamang dance, "Dumphoo".

We are assisting the Tamang Board with various development and cultural activities including housing for their people.

It is our earnest endeavour that all the people of the hills prosper and be happy.

My best wishes to all of them. I really love my Darjeeling brothers and sisters.

We are always with them and will be with them.

Mamata Banerjee's photo.
Mamata Banerjee's photo.
Mamata Banerjee's photo.
Mamata Banerjee's photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment